After my sewing workshops I started making tote bags for my daughter and her friends and I made a couple of bucket bags. Then my first big challenge to make an A-Line skirt from a commercial pattern enter Mccalls pattern 3341, I had a few sizing issues – I didn’t realise how different the sizing on patterns was to ready to wear clothes , it was a bit of a shock to cut out such a large size (I kept telling myself it was just a number) the finished skirt was quite big and I ended up taking in a couple of inches at the side seams, I really liked the waist line facing and the pattern was really simple and clear to use. I did end up with a wearable skirt.
A New Look Pattern 6843 came next with a binded waistband which I didn’t like as much as the faced waistband on the Mccalls pattern. The skirt turned out ok but again I didn’t read the pattern properly and my sizing was completely out so again had to adjust the seams.